Every once in awhile, one of your employees will probably overcharge a customer by entering the wrong amount, entering the check total instead of only the tip amount, or by charging the wrong card for the wrong check. After this, you batch your credit cards out, only to finally catch the mistake. Here are steps you can take to refund an overcharged customer after you have already batched your credit card payments:
NOTE: This is only for amounts that need to be refunded AFTER batching.
NOTE: If you entered the incorrect tip amount and have not batched, you can go to “Enter Credit Tips” and select “Show All” to reenter this incorrectly entered tip.
NOTE: if you entered the incorrect payment amount or have run a Credit Card on an incorrect check and have no batched, you can reopen the check and void the credit card payment. This charge will fall off the customer’s card within a few days’ time(this time depends on both your credit card processor and the customer’s card issuing bank.
1. Clock in the offending server
2. Sign out of their number and then sign in as a manager, this should pull up the “Manager Menu”
3. Press “Select Active Employee”
4. Select the offending server
5. Open any table
6. Ring in an “Open Amount” item for the refund amount or re-ring in the items that need to be refunded
7. Navigate to “Check Options”
8. Select an “Open Amount” item or the items that need to be refunded
9. Select “Refund”, type in a refund reason (Note: If you are doing an “Open Amount” you might need to also Tax Refund the “Open Amount” item)
10. Go to “Close Check”
11. Select “Credit Card” or the correct payment type 12. Swipe card or manually enter the credit card number and exp date
13. Press the “Done” button to charge the full amount(This is how much you are refunding the customer and how much you are taking from the server)
If you need assistance with this, please contact support @ (877) 594-8767.